- 5 stars: Mouthwatering, when can I have it again? Will definitely make again.
- 4 stars: Very good, a definite recipe to repeat.
- 3 stars: Tasted good but nothing special, would make a variation of it again.
- 2 stars: Something was missing but has potential to be fixed.
- 1 star: Not good, would never make it again.
Crop Share Box #1
What this box contained
Sunchokes, Parsnips, Ramps, Overwintered Spinach, Black Radishes, Sorrels, Chives, Watercress and Nettles
New recipes I made from items in this box
Source: Epicurious (from Greta)
Rating: 4.5 stars from Sina, 4 from Ryan
Potato salad with Chives Recipe edited from recipes my mom made as a kid and online recipes
-Baby Red Potatoes, boiled then cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I used ~5 pounds)
-Chives, diced (~1/2 cup or to taste)
-Light Sour Cream (~1 cup)
-Salt and Pepper to taste (don’t be bashful)
Rating: Sina: 3 stars, Ryan 2 stars
I love potato salads with a sour cream base but I think I would add garlic and more pepper next time.
Pasta with Ramps and Sorrel
- Pasta noodles, cooked
- Sorrel and Ramps -washed, chopped and sauteed
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
Interested in joining a crop share. Check out Local Harvest for farms close to you.