October means fall leaves, pumpkins, Halloween and candy. With candy and baby costumes on my mind I thought I’d feature chocolate foods that I love this month. As most of you know I have a huge sweet tooth and I like to indulge it. Allowing myself to indulge without over doing it is always a challenge. I love searching for new products that fulfill this craving with a healthy twist so my waistline doesn’t suffer. Here are two of the newest chocolate foods I love and satisfying my craving.
Trader Joe’s Sea Salt & Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds
- Perfect combination of the sweet and salty
- Good quality dark chocolate so a small amount is satisfying (I warn you. Take a few and walk away!). I always feel myself wanting something more when I eat milk chocolate but a good dark chocolate is incomparable.
- Contains almonds, a power food which provides heart healthy benefits and includes fiber and protein to keep you feeling full
Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk
- Silky, smooth and creamy just like chocolate milk should be
- Easy to pour 6-8 ounces and have your chocolate fix fulfilled with only 68-90 calories
- Low in saturated fat and lactose and dairy free!