It’s officially summer which means it’s time for me to make a ton of grain salads, slaws and other cold dishes. When my mom was in town we went to my favorite food blog: Smitten Kitchen and she found a delicious salad for Memorial Day. I would definitely make this one again! We paired it with burgers and a fruit salad.
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and julienned
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds Napa cabbage, halved and sliced very thinly
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (we did less since it’s a strong flavor)
- 6 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, from about two limes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Toss mangoes, cabbage, pepper and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk lime juice, vinegar, oil, salt and red pepper in a smaller bowl and pour over slaw. (You can refrigerate it for an hour to let the flavors infuse but you don’t need to).
- Before serving, toss with mint leaves and sesame seeds.