Yesterday was my husbands birthday so the dinner menu was centered around him, which means one thing, BEEF. While reading my Cooking Light magazine this past month I came across a page showing beef brisket sandwiches that looked amazing. After returning to the page to find the recipe I saw that it was an add from Beef It’s What’s For Dinner. Wandering to their website for the first time I found a basic recipe that was perfect to work off of to make the sandwiches (recipe below). I chose to make them in a crock pot instead of the oven since we were out golfing while they cooked. To go with the beef I made corn with a new butter spread.
Beer Braised Beef Brisket Sandwiches
- 4 pounds of beef brisket – fat trimmed off
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of beer
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of chili sauce
- Olive Oil
- 2 onions (chopped into 12 pieces each)
- Rub minced garlic onto beef. Heat oil in a pan and place the beef in the pan and brown it on each side (1-3 minutes per side). Remove beef from heat and season with salt and pepper
- Turn crock pot to high and place the chopped onions on the bottom and the beef on top of them.
- Mix the bottle of beer and chili sauce and pour over the beef.
- Cover and let cook for 4-5 hours.
- Remove beef from crock pot and slice thinly against the grain.
- Place back in the crock pot on low until you are ready to eat.
- Serve with good buns and the sauce on top.