Easter is the second highest time of year for candy sales, behind Halloween, and my personal favorite time of year for candy choices! In my eyes everything from the egg and bunny shapes to the pastel colors and flavor choices outshine the Halloween options. Most of the popular Easter candies come in mini egg shapes that are lower in calories than larger chocolate bunnies but they are also easier to over indulge in. Another popular choice (the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy to be exact) are the cute marshmallow shaped Peeps which come in the form of Chicks, Bunnies or Eggs.
As I walked through the Easter candy aisle at Target a few weeks ago I was curious how the calories compared in some of these delicious treats so behold my Easter candy calorie list.
- 1 Large Solid Milk Chocolate Rabbit (based on my calculations using the calories in small bunnies) 12 ounce = ~2000 calories
- 5 Nestle Butterfinger Nest Eggs Easter = 210 calories
- 12 Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs = 190 calories (My favorite)
- 1 Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg= 190 calories
- 12 Hershey’s Whoopers Robin Eggs Mini Malted Milk Candy = 190 calories
- 5 Nestle Crunch nest eggs = 180 calories
- 1 Cadbury Cream Egg =150 calories (My brothers favorite)
- 1 Brach’s Chocolate covered marshmallow egg = 43 calories
- One package of Peep’s Marshmallow Chicks = 150 calories
- 35 assorted Jelly Belly’s = 140 calories
- 4 Chicks, Ducks or Bunny sweet tarts = 60 calories
…by the way I went with the cream filled mini Cadbury Eggs but am still having regrets for not choosing the mini Cadbury eggs pictured above.