Today, Christmas Eve, Sara undertook the pivotal task of making a traditional four course Italian meal. Assisting is my dad, an eager culinary pupil, and my brother who has turned into our resident sous chef. Below they are seen creating the Butternut and acorn squash ravioli.
Our Christmas Eve menu:
- Plate of Italian Meats, Cheeses and Olives from Tenuta’s (a great Italian market in Kenosha, WI; definitely worth a trip).
- Winter Vegetables Panzanella (Italian bread salad)
- Squash ravioli with butter sage sauce
- Braciole (Round steak flattened then layered with prosciutto, pine nuts, mozzarella and raisins rolled up, browned and simmered in marinara sauce for 6-8 hours)
- Stuffed Peppers for the Vegetarians
- Recipe changes: doubled the curry powder
- Recipe changes: substituted skim milk for heavy cream